【ODRPickups】20150423 ODR and Trustmark in ODR FORUM 2015
Discussion story in Breaout session2 : ODR and Trustmark
Cross border transaction is a normal case in e-Commerce
- Even Not only between 2 countries
- Our first case in 2009, Australian brand boots, purchased in Japanese site, BBBOnline Trustmark , good came from China, payed via Paypal-Singapore
What is expectation of consumers?
-Resolve the case, of course, refund or exchange goods
- ODR is important, the cosumers, they expect
- they want to go ahead, if no resolution possiblity
- need regional information, if the business already disappear? no possiblity to resolve?
- on the other hand, reputation is important for business as well as credibility
- Trusmark can do something for them
Trustarks in each regions
North America BBB (complaint handling)
South Ameriaca eConfianza
Asia CASE, SOSA, TradeSafe, Cyber Security
WTA (World Trusmark Alliance)
- 30 countries, 37 entities
- Guideline regulates cooperation with ODR or complaint handling
- Promoting cooperation with ODR
Introducing activities by Trustmark and ODR
Seek business models:
BBB and CASE are Trustmark provider as well as complaint handling entity. They handle cases based on trustmark fee from their member businesses. CASE can handles cases from consumer to businesses who is not a member of associations, based on consumers payment ( only a few amount). SOSA in Taiwan, TradeSafe in Japan are also the same model. Which means that Trustmark and ODR can cooperate with such business model.
Troubles on e-commerce, small value, can reach to some solution on complaint handling, if unsolved on it, consumer can choose to proceed to ODR with some payment. That can be practical solution for consumers, ODR and Trustmarks.